Senior Designer (remote for now)
Looking to do meaningful design for inspiring nonprofits?
Great Believer is a design agency for nonprofits, specializing in websites, branding and print. Web is our core area of focus and we’ve recently launched sites for nonprofits like School of American Ballet, Data2X, Young Black Lawyers’ Organizing Coalition, and The Fresh Air Fund.
We’re looking for a versatile, detail-oriented and good-natured Senior Designer to join our team. In this full-time position, you’ll collaborate closely with our other designers, empowering amazing nonprofits to increase their impact.
- You have 5+ years of professional design experience, including strong fundamentals across web, branding and print.
- You’ve had a senior-level design role where you art directed other designers.
- You’ve worked at an agency.
- You’re passionate about user experience and have created user flows, journey maps and/or wireframes.
- You’re proficient in Figma, InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- You’re able to efficiently manage multiple projects at once.
- You’re comfortable walking clients through your work and fielding feedback.
- You’re familiar with WCAG accessibility standards.
Bonus points if you…
- Keep a close eye on UI/UX trends.
- Are a skilled illustrator.
- Have experience with web development (HTML/CSS and/or WordPress).
- Are a strong writer.
Our team works best with those who are…
- Energized by nonprofits.
- Extremely detail-oriented.
- Excellent communicators.
- Eager to collaborate.
- Easy to get along with.
- Given the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, our whole team is working remotely.
- We’re comfortable with our Senior Designer being based anywhere in the continental United States, as long as they’re willing to work from 10am–6pm EST and join us in person if/when we reopen a Brooklyn office.
Benefits and company policy
- All full-time employees are eligible for a flexible paid time off policy, subsidized benefits (medical, dental, vision and life), a 401k program, annual professional development and charity matching.
- The expected salary range for this position is $75,000–$85,000.
- Great Believer is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive team with a range of unique perspectives. We strongly encourage candidates who identify as people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ and/or gender non-conforming to apply.