Graphic Design Intern (Fall 2022)
Looking for a graphic design internship where you can make a real difference?
Great Believer is a graphic design agency for nonprofits, specializing in websites, branding and print. Recently, we’ve launched websites for The Jed Foundation, The Fresh Air Fund, School of American Ballet, DREAM and Spectrum360.
We’re looking for a reliable, motivated and good-natured Graphic Design Intern to join our growing design team this fall.
In this part-time, paid position, you’ll work alongside a team of multiple designers and contribute to a range of Great Believer projects from day one.
Our ideal candidate can confidently say the following:
“I’m passionate about nonprofits.”
- Great Believer exists to empower nonprofits. We’re looking for someone who’s motivated and inspired by mission-driven work.
“I’m a versatile designer.”
- We get to help great organizations with their websites, branding and print materials – and you’ll contribute across all three areas.
- Though we’re a small team, we stay very busy. Your ability to stay meticulously organized will lead to meaningful results.
“I’m a strong communicator.”
- We emphasize clear communication with our team and with our clients. Simply put: it’s the key to our success.
“I value collaboration.”
- Teamwork makes the dream work. So whether you’re offering support or making suggestions, you’ll work closely with different members of our team.
“I like variety.”
- Beyond design, you’ll participate in project management, research new business opportunities and work with our developers on website projects.
Bonus points if you have any of the following skills (though none are musts):
- Experience with Figma, including designing websites.
- Experience with UI/UX, including creating wireframes and developing user journeys.
- Experience with illustration, including hand-drawn and vector-based work.
- Experience with WordPress websites, including editing and/or maintaining sites.
- Experience with front-end web development, including HTML and CSS.
- We’re open to candidates joining us in our Brooklyn, NY office, working remotely, or a combination of both. Whether you’re in person or remote, you’ll need to be available on eastern standard time (EST) hours each work day.
- We’d like the Graphic Design Intern to work with us 2–3 days each week. We plan to coordinate schedules with our Graphic Design Intern to develop a mutually beneficial arrangement.
- Great Believer is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive team with a range of unique perspectives. We strongly encourage candidates who identify as people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ and/or gender non-conforming to apply.
If this post has you feeling like a Believer, apply here.