Director of Project Management
We’re looking for a leader to manage projects with purpose.
Great Believer is a design agency for nonprofits, specializing in websites, branding and print materials. We’ve recently launched websites for some amazing nonprofits, including School of American Ballet, Young Black Lawyers’ Organizing Coalition, The Fresh Air Fund and Rutgers University.
We’re looking for a driven, detail-oriented and good-natured Director of Project Management to run our day-to-day efforts through a mix of external client management and internal project management.
Our ideal candidate can confidently say the following:
“I’m passionate about nonprofits.”
- Great Believer exists to empower nonprofits. We’re looking for someone who’s motivated by mission-driven work.
“I’m an inspiring leader.”
- To succeed in this role, you’ll need to inspire, encourage and empower the rest of your accounts team, as well as the Great Believer team at large. On a related note, we’ll look to you to help ensure everyone’s workload is manageable.
“I’m a great problem-solver.”
- We aim to achieve successful client outcomes while also advocating for our team. Finding that sweet spot will require a healthy dose of creative problem-solving.
“I’m a strategic thinker.”
- We’re always looking for ways to improve. We’ll count on you to find ways to improve our internal processes, create clear documentation, promote design best practices to our clients and more.
- Though we’re a small team, we stay very busy. Your ability to stay meticulously organized and manage competing priorities will lead to meaningful results.
“I’m a clear communicator.”
- We value honest, decisive communication among our clients and our team, whether you’re creating a project brief or conducting a performance review. As Brené Brown says, “clear is kind.”
“I’m a great planner.”
- You’ll create detailed project schedules, serve as a main point of contact for clients, lead meetings and set realistic expectations – all of which keep our team and clients on track.
“I like variety.”
- No two days at Great Believer are the same. Succeeding requires a willingness to go with the flow, no matter what each day brings.
- You embody our values of trust, passion, honesty, commitment and respect.
- You have 5+ years of professional experience managing projects similar to ours.
- You’ve spent time at an agency similar to Great Believer.
- You’re a strong writer.
- You have a familiarity with graphic design, web development and user experience.
Bonus points if you have experience with the following:
- Asana and/or Airtable
- Google Analytics, SEO and/or Google Ads
- Web content accessibility guidelines (WCAG)
- Developing new business
- Running sessions at conferences
Benefits and company policy:
- The expected salary range for this position is $85,000–$105,000.
- All full-time employees are eligible for a flexible paid time off policy (minimum 10 days/year), subsidized benefits (medical, dental, vision and life), a 401k program, annual professional development funds, charity matching, and commission fees for developing new business.
- Our selected candidate must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and will join the full-time team at our Greenpoint, Brooklyn location. Given the pandemic, we’re establishing safety measures to ensure everyone is comfortable with the frequency we all work from the office, as well as the office’s layout.
- Great Believer is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive team composed of people with a range of unique perspectives. We strongly encourage candidates who identify as people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ and/or gender non-conforming to apply.
If this is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, send email@example.com an email with the subject line “Director of Project Management: 2021.” Be sure to include your résumé and a cover letter that outlines why you’re the right fit for this role.